white to bright

I received an email a few weeks ago from the team over at Charish, a great online store that makes it fun and easy for design lovers to buy and sell vintage furniture, decor, jewelry and accessories to one another. Their shop exclusively features curator-approved treasures in a full-service and trustworthy environment. Its a pretty cool concept with really great stuff! Anyways, they asked me to create a design board for a room revolving around one of their great rugs, taking something from "white" to "bright". Here is what I came up with..

Chairish.com design board

Chairish.com design board by katie-machin-mortensen featuring indigo home decor

Almost everything here was found on Chairish.com I love it!
I would install these floors in heartbeat! I love that they have a warm and cool feeling to them, and they can go with both gray and beige.. The paint is Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray. I've used it in 2 of my houses and love it!

I love, LOVE this rug!  I was drawn in by the blue but loved how the other colors played off of it! You, know me, I love a good slipcovered couch, so of course I had to add one, but not in boring beige, but in this awesome blue!  I love the lines of this couch, its livable but has major style! Its a piece that can adjust to new color schemes with a simple change of the cover.

I wanted a coffee table that was transparent, there is no point of having such an awesome rug if you can't see it.. so I found this antique brass and glass table..  not only is it gorgeous, but the glass corners are rounded.  Perfect for a house with small kids!  I went more retro with the side tables next to the couch.  I wanted to warm up the space and add some interest with the wood.

I found these great lamps to sit onto of the side tables.  I love the shape of the base of the lamps, it give the space a little whimsy.

Next I found these fun blue and cream print chairs!  I love a good print and its a great way to add interest to a space if you are nervous about committing to a print on a couch!  Between the chairs I found this little table with fun legs.  I thought they tied in well with the blue lamps and gave warmth to the space. and of course, you can't forget a lamp for it..

Across the way I added a tall back settee and pouf.  You can never have enough seating in my book!  Plus in my mind its a big room...

Next come the pillows!  Lots of fun colors and prints that tie into the rug.. I also added a pop of green to it too!

As for the walls I love to find old vintage prints and use them as art work.  And Chairish has plenty of that!!  Here are a few that worked well with the rug and added lots of interest to the space! I also found these ( 1,2,3,4) prints that I could not pass up!  How fun are they??

And so, there you have it folks.. This is what my blank space would morph into if given $$$$ to play with!  I absolutely love how it turned out!!  Thanks to the team at Chairish for the fun opportunity to let me create a space from their amazing site!!  Go see for yourself!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...