Gingham style

Eh- Sexy Lady
Op op op op
Oppan "gingham" Style

Thats what I think when I look at my latest clients chair transformation!  sorry, I had to do it.. My client had 2 big red over sized wingback chairs that she was not sure what to do with.  She had given the ottoman to her neighbor to reupholster but she was still on the fence as to what to do with  it.  Here is one of the 2 big red chairs with the ottoman...


When she realized that slipcovering was an option, she jumped all over it!  She grabbed a small blue and white gingham fabric for the bodies of the chair and then a navy upholstery fabric for the piping from Home Fabrics for $5 a yard!! Thats fantastic when you need 30 yards of fabric....  I love it when my clients can go outside the box with the fabric combinations.  It just makes the finished product pop soo much more!  She wanted to change the look of the chairs and ottoman by adding a 10" box pleat skirt and boy oh boy did it do the trick!  Here is how it looks now!







They turned out better than I could have imagined! Its amazing how something as simple as choosing a different fabric for pipping and changing the existing skirt can make it look like a completely new chair!  See.. thats why slipcovers are soo great!! 

This coming week I have quite the load!  A chaise lounge, some massive bench cushions and finishing up my roman shades to go in my house! 

I can't wait to show you all how our little "Fixer upper" has transformed!  Its been a love hate relationship but Id like to say I'd do it again.  Maybe.. just not in the next 6 mo to a year....

I am starting to book up pretty fast so if you have something you want slipcovered for spring, contact me to get on my waiting list! Its just around the corner!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...