Ruffled up

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day and President's Day weekend!  While my husband is in high gear to get our house fished before his landscape season begins, I was busy in my "sweat shop"trying to get this lovely lady finished before my clients' company arrived.
This darling client of mine loves her chaise!  Its her reading spot.  Doesn't it scream "curl up on me with a good book"? She had some 80" floral damask fabric lying around that she had been wanting to use for it and believe me, I used almost every inch she had of it!  This chaise goes in her guest room that she has redecorated in a shabby chic fashion, so naturally it needed a more frilly look.  So we added some pink and a whole lot of ruffles and ta da!!




Shabby Chic chaise!  I never get tired of seeing furniture transformations. Maybe thats why I love what I do soo much!  It definitely makes this masculine chaise feel jour feminine! And the fabric had a silky finish to it so you know its gonna be a comfy spot to read a book!  She was soo thrilled with how it turned out!  I can't wait to help her out with more pieces in the future!  

Speaking of future..this same client works at the Springville Antiques Treasure Mall.  When she dropped off the chairs she told me that they had just wrapped up 2 days of filming with HGTV at their shop.  Apparently there is an American Fork couple that fixes up really old homes, like historic homes and HGTV is doing a 6 episode series on them, kind of like Chip and Joanna Gaines from Fixer Upper, which is my all time favorite show!!  They were buying a tub and a bunch of things from my client for one of the homes so they filmed in her shop!  She was thrilled and can't wait to see it on air...  She said it is suppose to air in March.. So keep your eyes open!

Right now I am booked till about mid to end of March.  Feel free to contact me to get on my schedule if you are wanting something done!

**Also, little side note, Home Fabric is starting to carry fabric that they keep in stock and can order yardage!  They have a huge selection of twill, linen, prints and the list goes on.... and they have grey and robins egg blue!!  That usually flys off the shelf as fast as they come in so.. if you are having a hard time looking for fabric, check them out!  It may just save you time and a large headache...



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...