Kids Room, Part Un

I am just getting ready to head up "North", but I'd thought I would post how the kids toy room turned out. I found the curtain and pillow fabric at Home Fabrics in Orem and the Houndstooth on the settee came from Fabric.com. I love the bright colors! ITs a kids toy room so its allowed to be obnoxious. Right? The next project for this room would be to put a fun fabric on the wall, paint the TV hutch and hang some art. But for now, I am just happy I got this done… What do you think??

Before:





After!



I kept the lines the same as the original. I like the casual feel it had plus the cushion is amazing! Its a nice squishy down filled insert and is quite heavenly to sit on. I just did a informal skirt with a simple hemmed finish. I did not do a box pleat on the corners. Its a kids toy room and its gonna get used and abused and I did not want to turn into "Mean Mom" every time the slipcover got messy with common occurrence of fort building that goes on… I really like the casual vibe it gives off!



My next project around the house is curtains for the dining and family room area and slipcovering my couch and 2 chairs. I got a sample of the most awesome linen (I can feel my husband rolling his eyes at me right now)and can't wait to order it! With "linen" and "slipcover" some say good luck with the wrinkles, but when you wash a good linen it does something magical, it gets soft, worn and yummy! I am going for more of a "Restoration Hardware" look that is more relaxed and casual. Oh boy!! Can't wait!

I may have time to squeeze in 1 or 2 fittings friday while I am up north so if you are in need, contact me!

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...