All ruffled up

So today is a very special day for our family, Laker, our oldest is getting baptized! I can't believe he is 8!! I feel really old... I am soo proud of him! He is such greta kid and a good example to his sister. Man, what would I do without him???



Ladies! watch out!!

On to slipcovers.. One of my clients contacted me about a chaise lounge and a little ottoman/stool for one of her clients bedroom. She found the chaise at a thrift store, but wanted it to be taller. She grabbed some bed risers that added another 5"-6" to the chaise! Bed risers are amazing, they can fix anything! She wanted the slipcover to have a nice full ruffled skirt, I was worried the fabric would not cooperate, it was embroidered. But no need to worry, it ruffled like a champ!! Here is the before



Id say she scored on this find! Especially now that its slipcovered... I did a 1" blind hem on the skirt and matched up all of the stripes! I really loved you it turned out. Its like its calling you to come on over and take a nap on it!



She had me do the same look on her little stool, and boy oh boy, I had not a swatch of fabric to spare!



I love how they both turned out! There is something about a good ruffled skirt that makes me happy!
I still have a few spot open for my Slipcover:101 class. Contact me if yo are wanting to come! It will be super fun and you'll walk away with a finished slipcover made by YOU! Plus you can come in your "comfy" clothes and 2nd or 3rd day hair, no judgement here..

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...