Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy turkey day! I hope everyone has a fantastic day with family and loved ones, I know I will! I am super thankful for my little family and all of our many adventures!



We may be a bunch of nerds, but they are my nerds!

Yesterday I had a client come pic up her pair of wingback chairs and ottoman from my workshop. She lives in Roy but her daughter commutes to Spanish Fork every other week for work. So we arranged the drop and pick up around her schedule. I had never met my client in person, just thru email. When I met her yesterday I just fell in love with her!! For the short time that we met she was a hoot and you can tell that she and her daughter have a lot of fun! She had sent her daughter with down with one of the chairs, ottoman and fabric. When I started on it I was hoping that she had enough fabric. We never discussed it, all she said was she has fabric ready to go. Well she had 3 12x24 drop clothes and let me tell you, I used every last inch of it for her slipcovers! Talk about a Thanksgiving Day miracle! Here is one of the chairs before:



She wanted a simple box skirt that hung about 1-2 inched off the ground. It turned out quite excellent! her daughter said that the chairs had been reupholstered but they were not matching fabric wise.. Now she'll have a nice matching set with an ottoman! You can't go wrong with good old drop cloth!



My client absolutely loved them!!

Also, I am teaching a Slipcover 101 Workshop January 30-31, 2015! I have 3 spots available! You will be learning how to make a slipcover for your own chair from start to finish! If you are wanting to do it but don't have a piece of furniture, go check out your local thrift store, they always have something and for cheap!! The cost of the class is $500 per person, it includes lunch both days and a kit to help you make slipcovers! Contact me for more info! I can't wait! Ladies, tell your husbands its a great Christmas gift...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...